Last updated: April 16, 2023
Information That We Collect
Information That You Provide Us
When you sign up for our services, register for or attend an Event, scan your badge at an Event, complete a customer survey, provide us feedback, participate in an Event as a speaker or contact us through the Site, we collect information from you such as:
- Personal identification information (e.g., name, email address, phone number, country etc.)
- Information related to your current job-role (e.g., position, organization name, industry etc.)
- Preference information (e.g., which quantum computing topics are you interested in, newsletter subscriptions, etc.)
- Consent to sharing personal information (e.g., have you consented to sharing your information with Event sponsors)
- Event attendee information (e.g., which on-line sessions or on-demand sessions did you attend and for how long)
- Website visit data (e.g., cookies used to collect IP addresses, browser type, pages visited, etc.)
- photos or videos taken at Events
- Any other information that you provide us
Information That We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Site
We may use this information, for example, to ensure that the Site functions properly, to determine how many users have visited certain pages, to prevent fraud or to determine approximate locations of visitors.
Some browsers may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit, but the Site is not currently set up to recognize those signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information that we collect:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Site, to provide information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users
- To process your registration for an Event, including payment, and create/manage your account
- To give you access to the content and capabilities you purchased
- To contact you for administrative or informational purposes. This may include responding to a message or notifying users of changes to our policies
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; and operating and expanding our business activities
- To share such data, only with your consent, to Event sponsors for sponsor communications in connection with such sponsors’ products and services
- For promotional purposes in cases where photos or videos are taken at Events that feature you as an attendee, speaker, sponsor or exhibitor
If you no longer wish to be contacted by QC Ware for marketing purposes, you have the right to unsubscribe here. If you unsubscribe, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your use of our services, including your attendance and/or participation at Events.
How We Share Your Information
We do not disclose the information that we collect through the Site to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, auditing, and other services.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Only with your consent, to Event sponsors for sponsor communications in connection with such sponsors’ products and services
- If you allow your badge to be scanned by an Event exhibitor, your contact details will be shared with the relevant exhibitor.
- If you participate in an Event as a speaker or exhibitor, your personal information may be used in connection with the running of the Event, including advertising and promotion of the Event.
By registering for an Event and providing your consent to share with sponsors, you give permission to QC Ware to share your personal data with such sponsors and for such sponsors to use your personal data to contact you regarding their products and services. You may refuse to provide your consent to share your personal data with sponsors or withdraw your consent by contacting QC Ware as described below.
By allowing an exhibitor at an Event to scan your badge, you give permission to QC Ware to share your personal data with such exhibitor and for such exhibitor to use your personal data to contact you regarding their products and services.
We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do so. We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, except where prohibited by applicable law.
Third Party Services
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
QC Ware uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Notice to EU and UK Residents
The GDPR and UK-GDPR provides EU and UK residents with rights regarding their personal information.
- The right to access – the right to request QC Ware for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – the right to request that QC Ware correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – the right to request that QC Ware erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – the right to request that QC Ware restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – the right to object to QC Ware’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – the right to request that QC Ware transfer the personal data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we will respond promptly and in all cases within the time allowed by applicable law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below. You may lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority if you have any complaints about the manner in which your personal data is being processed. You may also withdraw any consent that you’ve provided us to process your personal data by reaching out at the contact information below.
Email us at: email@example.com
Write us at: Attention Legal and Privacy, QC Ware Corp., 195 Page Mill Rd., Suite 113, Palo Alto, CA 94306
Call us at: 650-502-1900